...where the top class experts share their knowledge with the scientists & engineers of tomorrow...
Porto Palace Conference Centre & Hotel, 6 - 13 July 2013
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!
The ISSON Summer Schools will give the opportunity to young researchers and early-career scientists and engineers to participate in a series of lectures on the emerging fields of Nanosciences & Nanotechnologies.
ISSON12 is divided in three complementary schools that cover the significant areas in the N&N field:
|Nanosciences & Nanotechnologies||NanoMedicine
The lectures will review the current trends and knowledge in the fields of NN in general (mainly in School 1) and in parallel focus in two main Application areas, the Organic Electronics (School 2) and Nanomedicine (School 3). Furthermore state-of-the-art techniques, as well as a demonstration-tour in the laboratory facilities for developing and characterizing nanoscale materials will also be included. Top class Experts from Universities, Research Institutions and Industry worldwide will share their knowledge and experience in the format of lecture presentations. Generally, the ISSON program will be comprised by plenary and parallel sessions in order for the ISSON students to fix-and-attend lectures according to their preference.
What are the ADVANTAGES of participating in these Schools?
- Interact with exceptional scientists and engineers from various fields and organizations
- Experience what interdisciplinarity means in N&N
- Attend the NN13 Conference with many WORKSHOPS, Topics and Special Events
- Participate to ISFOE13 with several WORKSHOPS ans Special Sessions
- Discuss with Industry experts during the 3rd NANOTEXNOLOGY Exhibition 2013
- Understand the ‘From Theory to Practice’ process
- Have the opportunity to show research work in form of poster presentations
- Be eligible to compete for a Poster Award in the selected Conference
- Discuss research work face-to-face with experienced researchers
- Learn how to be open to new ideas, be creative and how to implement them
- Enhance professional networks for future career opportunities
- Promote organization and research group
- Get confidence at an international scientific event with an informal and relaxed atmosphere
- Solve problems related with research work
- Seek advice on publishing and unpublished research results
- Meet interesting people from all around the world
- Enjoy a worthwhile social program at the end of every day
- Go around Thessaloniki and Halkidiki, the best resort in Greece
What is the VISION of ISSON Schools?
...To be a gateway for innovative high-tech ideas coming from enthusiastic young researchers.
What will the ISSON program include and how many ECTS credits can you get?
A full day program of ISSON lectures for the 6-13 July 2013 with parallel sessions of two of the Schools to run each day, usually School 2 and School 3, while School 1 which covers generally N&N will be mostly in shared sessions. The fix-and-attend choice for the attendees is available in order to enhance the interdisciplinary role of ISSON. There will be a limit of about 30 participants/students to enroll for the parallel sessions. During the ISFOE13 Symposium and NN13 Conference and depending for which event registered, the ISSON attendees will participate in the conferences.
ATTENTION: After the lectures there will be written exams and those who will succeed will get 3 ECTS credits.
Which NANOTEXNOLOGY event(s) can you attend by participating in ISSON?
It depends mainly on your research interests and/or curiosity and as a Bonus you automatically attend the NN13 Conference…..
ONLY ISSON13: You automatically attend the NN13 Conference, therefore at the On-line Registration Form you can select either the Full or Student ISSON13+NN13 Registration depending on your status.
If you wish to attend ISFOE13 Symposium and at the same time wish to participate to ISSON13, then at the On-line Registration Form you have to select either the Full, Academic or Student ISFOE13+ISSON13+NN13 Registration depending on your status. Again NN13 Conference comes as a Bonus!
Who Should Attend?
and generally Curious for Nanotechnology people.
What Should Prepare?
Get to Know Each Other
Every participant in ISSON would present themselves (background and research activity) to the rest of the group and to the ISSON Committee and Lecturers at the Welcome of ISSON Schools.
All ISSON participants will also attend the NN13 and ISFOE13 Conference (see registration for details). They will have the chance to present in a poster format their research work during the poster sessions of the specific Workshop of the conferences and receive valuable feedback and suggestions.
The successful organization of the five previous International Summer School on Nanosciences & Nanotechnologies (SS-NN07, SS-NN08, SS-NN09, ISSON10, ISSON11 & ISSON12) resulted in the participation of students from more than 25 countries. The participants attended lectures given by frontline researchers and professors.