LMP Deadline: 06-06-14
Early Registration: 01-06-14
Young Res. Award: 13-06-14
...where the top class experts share their knowledge with the scientists & engineers of tomorrow...
Thessaloniki, Greece, 5 - 12 July 2014
The ISSON Summer Schools will give the opportunity to young researchers and early-career scientists and engineers to participate in a series of lectures on the emerging fields of Nanosciences & Nanotechnologies.
LAST MINUTE POSTER DEADLINE: 6 JUNE 2014
ISSON14 is divided in three complementary schools that cover the significant areas in the N&N field:
The lectures will review the current trends and knowledge in the fields of NN in general (mainly in School 1) and in parallel focus in two main Application areas, the Organic Electronics (School 2) and Nanomedicine (School 3). Furthermore state-of-the-art techniques, as well as a demonstration-tour in the laboratory facilities for developing and characterizing nanoscale materials will also be included. Top class Experts from Universities, Research Institutions and Industry worldwide will share their knowledge and experience in the format of lecture presentations. Generally, the ISSON program will be comprised by plenary and parallel sessions in order for the ISSON students to fix-and-attend lectures according to their preference.
- Interact with exceptional scientists and engineers from various fields and organizations
- Experience what interdisciplinarity means in N&N
- Attend the NN14 Conference with many WORKSHOPS, Topics and Special Events
- Participate to ISFOE14 with several WORKSHOPS ans Special Sessions
- Discuss with Industry experts during the 4th NANOTEXNOLOGY Exhibition 2014
- Understand the ‘From Theory to Practice’ process
- Have the opportunity to show research work in form of poster presentations
- Be eligible to compete for a Poster Award in the selected Conference
- Discuss research work face-to-face with experienced researchers
- Learn how to be open to new ideas, be creative and how to implement them
- Enhance professional networks for future career opportunities
- Promote organization and research group
- Get confidence at an international scientific event with an informal and relaxed atmosphere
- Solve problems related with research work
- Seek advice on publishing and unpublished research results
- Meet interesting people from all around the world
- Enjoy a worthwhile social program at the end of every day
- Go around Thessaloniki and Halkidiki, the best resort in Greece
What is the VISION of ISSON Schools?
...To be a gateway for innovative high-tech ideas coming from enthusiastic young researchers.
What will the ISSON program include and how many ECTS credits can you get?
A full day program of ISSON lectures for the 5-12 July 2014 with parallel sessions of two of the Schools to run each day, usually School 2 and School 3, while School 1 which covers generally N&N will be mostly in shared sessions. The fix-and-attend choice for the attendees is available in order to enhance the interdisciplinary role of ISSON. There will be a limit of about 30 participants/students to enroll for the parallel sessions. During the ISFOE14 Symposium and NN14 Conference and depending for which event registered, the ISSON attendees will participate in the conferences.
ATTENTION: After the lectures there will be written exams and those who will succeed will get 3 ECTS credits.
Which NANOTEXNOLOGY event(s) can you attend by participating in ISSON?
It depends mainly on your research interests and/or curiosity and as a Bonus you automatically attend the NN14 Conference…..
ONLY ISSON14: You automatically attend the NN14 Conference, therefore at the On-line Registration Form you can select either the Full or Student ISSON14+NN14 Registration depending on your status.
If you wish to attend ISFOE14 Symposium and at the same time wish to participate to ISSON14, then at the On-line Registration Form you have to select either the Full, Academic or Student ISFOE14+ISSON14+NN14 Registration depending on your status. Again NN14 Conference comes as a Bonus!
Who Should Attend?
and generally Curious for Nanotechnology people.
What Should Prepare?
All ISSON participants will also attend the NN14 and/or ISFOE14 Conference (see registration for details) and will present their research work (background and research activity) in a Special Poster Session to the rest of the group, the ISSON Committee and Lecturers at the Welcome Ceremony of ISSON Schools.
The successful organization of the seven previous International Summer School on Nanosciences & Nanotechnologies (SS-NN07, SS-NN08, SS-NN09, ISSON10, ISSON11, ISSON12 & ISSON13) resulted in the participation of students from more than 25 countries. The participants attended lectures given by frontline researchers and professors.