Graphene is an exciting 2D nanomaterial that will revolutionize our life because of its unique combination of superb properties,such as high electrical conductivity, super strength and stiffness, ultra-low thickness and superb optical transparency, and impermeability to gases.
It will open a way for its exploitation in a wide spectrum of applications ranging from optics, electronics, sensors, circuits, and biodevices, to name but a few.
The aim of the International Summer ISSON16 School on Graphene is to introduce the attendees to the fascinating world of Graphene with lectures from world-class scientists & experts in the following topics:
- Graphene growth methods, synthesis, and integration
- Graphene Chemistry (synthesis, chemical modification, reactivity)
- Graphene transfer on different substrates
- Graphene doping and impurities
- Characterization of optical, electrical, structural properties
- Large area synthesis and transfer
- Computational and theoretical approaches
- Applications of graphene (including transparent electrodes, sensors, transistors, OLEDs, OPVs, etc.)
Organized by the EU FP7 Project
ISSON16 School 4 is supported by: